Monday 17 September 2018

Day 14 Wednesday


What’s the deal with waking at 6am? I am going to sleep at a normal time like 10pm and waking up at 6, the old me goes to bed at midnight and wakes up at 8.30am. I am sure it won’t last. It must be left-over from the hospital waking me at 6.30 for the obs. 

Pip and I go for a walk, do a little shopping and then visit Jacques. We discuss whether I am back to normal and decide that I am not because I had left out a fairly important word in my text to him. Jacques describes me as mellow and that’s certainly how I feel – good description. I am normally flying flat-chat from one thing to another, I like being busy, not stressed busy but just enough to keep me occupied.

I return home and manage to take a business call from a client so I speed up my speech and try to sound more upbeat than I feel as I am aware I am talking slowly and a bit flat. I try to do a little house work and write up my day so far. I turn on the TV to watch the French news which is followed by my dirty little secret, Dr Phil. I don’t believe in watching TV during the day. What a ridiculous waste of a life but if I am doing the ironing or having lunch I do turn on Dr Phil. About 2.30 I go to sleep for a while and luckily Nick phones and wakes me up at 3.30. I really don’t want to sleep during the day.

I go for a walk around the block and stop in for a chat for about half an hour with a neighbour. I still keep losing my train of thought in conversations. I come home to read a little, watch the evening news and go to the pool. I think this will be the last time I go to the pool as my back pain has improved. After I do my 20 minutes walking in the pool we go to our local pub for a meal in the beer garden. I am starting to get my appetite back but not enough to take advantage of steak night. That sounds too heavy and daunting. I have the grilled fish and we head home for a little TV and once again asleep by 10ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...