Sunday 2 September 2018

Mid April 2018 - 5 months later - so where am I at now?


Medication-wise I am taking Tramadol SR 100mg on waking in the morning and then topping it up with one Panadeine Forte and one Panadeine Extra once to twice a day and on going to sleep I take 10mg Endep.

Pain-wise I would say I am sitting on a 6 to 7 most days so it certainly could be a lot better. I visit Jacques the osteo more frequently than I did before the infusion, and of course I have some days that are worse than others. The back pain has settled down but still gives me some trouble if I stand too long which is unfortunate as I didn’t have this before the hospital stay.

The biggest difference for me is my sleeping/drowsiness. When I was on the fentanyl I would struggle to wake up and drag myself out of bed at 9.30am and I could easily sleep to 11.30 if I allowed myself. Now I am awake between 7.30 and 8am, and I am not groggy when I wake. When I was on fentanyl I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Leave me alone in a chair or on the couch and in five minutes I would nod off and the same if I was a passenger in a car. This no longer happens. I even tried to doze on a long car trip and it wasn’t possible so I am more alert and that gives me more time in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...