Thursday 6 September 2018

Day 26 – Monday 5 weeks since my admission to hospital


In the morning I go for an appointment with Jacques as I have back pain. He still thinks I am a bit mind-affected but I feel fine. I just need to shake off the tiredness and all will be good. I drive to my follow-up appointment with Doc Malik.

I explain to Malik that I am taking four Panadeine Forte a day and an occasional Tramadol SR and now and then Tramadol QR (quick release). The downside is I am getting three migraines a week which is a bit of a worry. He suggests the migraines are codeine-related and tells me to stop the Tramadol QR and swap one Panadeine Forte to one Panadeine Extra and thus reducing the amount of codeine and to try this for a month. He says it needs to be done slowly so my body copes with the withdrawal. I’m not impressed at having to cope with more withdrawal.

When I tell him that I was mind-affected for three weeks he is surprised and says that it is very unusual. He also tells me that I am not to call myself an ex-junkie, that I was drug-dependent not a junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...