Friday 21 September 2018

Day 10 Saturday Time to party.


From 5am to 5.15am I walk around the back room so as not to disturb Nick. It is a very small room so it’s not much fun walking circles. I put on some washing. At 8am I message Jacques the osteo for an appointment and he tells me to come in at 9.45am. 

Nick and I walk around the block to try and help the pain. We stop at a cafe for coffee. Nick then helps me walk up the two dodgy flights of stairs to Jacques’s rooms. Nick returns to collect me 15 minutes later and Jacques says to him: this is Karen tipsy, but I would be very careful as she could turn at any minute! I find this very funny, I am still in a drug-induced universe. 

We head down the Peninsula to visit my uncle and collect the dog. Jacques had told me to go for a walk in the bay for 10 to 20 minutes and it would relieve my back pain. I said that it would be too cold but he said it had been warm for days so it would be fine. So I ventured into the bay and he had lied, it was freezing cold, but it did relieve the pain.

I came home and rested for a few hours and then went to the party at Docklands. I never miss a party. I was struggling to walk because of the pain and was still unsteady on my feet, leaning on Nick’s arm like I was 100 years old. I found a seat with back support and met two gorgeous girls, because I was still high I was very open touchy/feely (not like me at all) and chatty. We went home at 9pm and I tried to sleep but the pain was getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...