Tuesday 18 September 2018

Day 13 Tuesday


I slept pretty well and woke up early in the morning and took two Panadeine Forte and the long- acting Tramadol. I answered some emails, did a little work and tackled the newspaper. I hope this is not too detailed and boring to read, but I am trying to record everything for my sake and maybe to help other people with their special K detox and the continued withdrawal afterwards. I fall asleep but the phone wakes me up at 10.30am which is good because sleeping during the day ruins any chance of a good night sleep. I did some washing, dusting and finally finished unpacking. A tidy house keeps my mind relaxed.

At 11.30am I went back to lying on the bed because I need to rest as Pip has an appointment at the vet and I will need energy to walk there and back. Normally it takes me 10 minutes each way but I had better allow 20 minutes today as I am so slow and neither my mind nor my reflexes are sharp enough to drive.

Now that my delusional, drug-induced mind is starting to clear I decide that my life hasn’t been that interesting and I no longer believe I have a book in me, I expect people would probably doze off by the time they got to page four! I managed the walk to the vet and back and then rested. I caught up on ten days of personal paperwork and a little work, then read some light magazines, I’m not sharp enough for anything too deep.

Nick came home after work and drove me to the pool. Using a noodle and my arms I got a bit further along to where I couldn’t touch the bottom. I’m starting to feel more like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...