Saturday 6 October 2018

My hunt for information


I wanted to find out more about what I was going to be going through so firstly I asked my neighbour Martina who is a nurse. She said that she is often involved with the administration of ketamine infusions so I decided she was a good place to start. Martina said: we start you off really high and then start decreasing the amount and we ask you how you are feeling a lot. You might experience hallucinations – you will be fine. I did not find that this really helped me understand, I needed more information.

I searched online but could find very little. I found a couple of people’s blogs or attempted blogs. They would start off writing but after a day or two into their hospital stay they would stop. I was later to have the answer on why this occurs.

From friends and family I received sideways looks and comments like, “you’ll be having a great time” or “special K, ah....... “ How could I possibly have a good time in a hospital room on my own or maybe, even worse, in a shared room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...