Sunday 7 October 2018

Two months before


I have been seeing Dr Raph, in inner Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, since 2003 and in September 2017 I was struggling with my pain so he suggested that I should see a colleague of his, Dr Malik, to discuss whether a ketamine infusion might be useful in helping me manage my pain better.

Malik was very friendly and pleasant and asked me various questions about my medical history. He said that everyone had different experiences and outcomes with a ketamine infusion - some people could be pain-free for a month, three months, six months, a year or maybe it wouldn’t make any difference at all. I decided it was worth the nine days out of my life to take the gamble that I could be pain-free for a while. 

Malik didn’t give me a lot of information on what to expect, apart from the fact that I would have to stay in the hospital for nine days and, even though it is possible for me to work remotely, he didn’t think I should continue working during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Prior to my hospital admission for a ketamine infusion for chronic pain I struggled to find information that would help me understand what...